Name: Brian Carter
Location: Woodinville, WA
Winery: Brian Carter Cellars
1. Who or what inspired you to become a winemaker?
I was inspired to become a winemaker when I met several winemakers in the Willamette Valley in the 70’s including David Lett, Bill Fuller, Dick Erath and Ron Vuylsteke.
2. If you weren’t working with wine what do you think you’d be doing instead?
Likely be a chef banging my head against a sauté pan.
3. What current wine trend do you particularly like (or dislike)?
Like trend towards blends. Dislike BIG unbalanced reds.
4. What is your go-to wine (varietal, region) – other than Washington, of course!
Today I feel like a Barbaresco
5. What advice can you offer to a first time wine drinker?
Relax, enjoy, learn
6. If you could make wine with any winemaker in the world, who would it be?
7. What do you like to do when you are not making wine?
Hike, cook, eat, drink wine, travel
8.What charitable organization pulls at your heartstrings?
All children’s charities